Ilkley Food & Drink Festival Announce Chef Demo & Live Music Line-Up//= get_the_date( 'dS F Y' ); ?>
Ilkley Food & Drink Festival Announce Chef Demo & Live Music Line-Up | 29th – 30th June 2019
East Holmes Field plays host to Ilkley Food & Drink Festival, showcasing the region’s best talent in food, drink and music.
Following the huge success of The North Leeds Food Festival, the event organisers are giving Ilkley its own slice of the action. Ilkley Food & Drink Festival aimed at showing, exposing and celebrating the most exciting local talent in food, music, drink and performing arts, is looking forward to welcoming visitors for the first time at the event.
At the heart of the festival lies street food with over 20 of the North of England’s best independent street food vendors cooking up a myriad of flavours sure to tantalize the tastebuds of even the most seasoned food connoisseurs.
“Our ethos is simple. We want to provide quality family days out, while supporting the best of local food and drink producers.” – Michael Johnson, Festival Organiser
Chef Demos in Partnership with Yorkshire Food Guide
We’ve partnered with Ilkley Food Festival to curate the Chef Demo Line-Up for the festival. Showcasing some of the best chefs local to Ilkley and from across the region.
“The festival runs on the ethos ‘Internationally inspired, locally produced. The Chef’s Demo area is no different. Ilkley boasts brilliant talent, we’re here to celebrate it. We’ve partnered with Yorkshire Food Guide to bring some of the region’s best chefs. “ Michael Johnston, Festival Director.
Chef Demo Line-Up Includes:
- Chef, Paul Leonard of the 4AA Rosette awarded Burlington restaurant at The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa, Skipton. As one of the few Yorkshire restaurants to hold 4AA Rosettes and after being recently crowned number 46 at the National Restaurant Awards UK Top 100 restaurants, its an honour to have Paul on the demo stage.
- Michael Carr of The Box Tree, Ilkley. One of Yorkshire’s most prestigious and highly experienced young chefs, as recently featured on BBCs Great British Menu. Heading up the region’s renowned Box Tree restaurant.
- Chef Andy Collop of the 2AA Rosette awarded Macload’s Restaurant at The Coniston Hotel & Spa, Skipton. Set in 1,400 acres of beautiful rolling Yorkshire Dales countryside, Andy has recently joined the hotel to excel Macload’s event further, following his Head Chef experience at Grassington House Hotel.
- Bruce Elsworth of Elsworth Kitchen, Skipton. Bruce is a multi-award-winning Yorkshire Chefs whose CV is impressive to say the least. Including past Operations Director of The Angel Inn at Hetton and working under acclaimed Michelin-star chef Nigel Haworth.
- Simon Miller, Executive Chef of La Casita. Renowned in Yorkshire for their award-winning traditional Andalusian tapas, with restaurants in Ilkley, Leeds, Horsforth, Skipton and Boston Spa.
- Stephaine Moon of Rudding Park Hotel & Spa, Harrogate. Stephanie is a recognised figure on the Yorkshire food scene and has many accolades to her credit.
- Simon Chappelow of Leeds Cookery School. Simon heads up the popular Leeds Cookery School as an experienced tutor. He has worked at a variety of restaurants across the region and was the previous Food Project Coordinator at Jamie Oliver’s Ministry of Food.
- Tosin Dayo-Oyekole of OSO Cook – A British-Nigerian chef, born in Nigeria but having relocated to Yorkshire over a decade ago, Tosin was head hunted by Channel 4 to participate in My Kitchen Rules UK and was mentored by Michelin Starred chef Glyn Purnell and renowned chef Rachel Allen.
- Jordan Cockoff of Broadley’s Bistro – An independent bistro and wine bar in the centre of Ilkley, owned by award-winning chef, Matthew Broadley. Known to many due to his time as Head Chef at The Devonshire Arms Brasserie, The Wheatley Arms and more.
- Loc Bui of Bistro Saigon – Bistro Saigon offers an authentic Vietnamese experience in their charming Ilkley restaurant. Head chef Loc was born and raised in Saigon, the old capital of Vietnam, has devised a menu for the Bistro based on family recipes from generations.
- Chef Sachi of Sachi’s in Ilkley – Born in India, Sachi has a distinguished career as a Chef and has a passion for sourcing and incorporating the best quality local produce into his menus.
- Claire of The Little Teahouse, Ilkley – Friendly family-run tearoom in the centre of Ilkley. Recent winners of Ilkley’s Food and Drink Business of the Year.
Ilkley Food & Drink Festival’s Artisan Producers
In addition, the festival’s Market Street will bring together over 50 market stalls where the finest local artisan producers offer vegetables, cheeses, jams, pies, crafts and much more. To drink there will be pop up wine, cocktail and champagne bars as well as special ales from independent breweries provided by local favorite’s Ilkley Brewery.
“Having spent a lot of time in Ilkley when growing up, we’ve been dreaming of hosting an event here. Now we have the opportunity to bring the model that is so popular at The North Leeds Food Festival in Leeds, to Ilkley.” – Michael Johnson, Festival Organiser
However, the festival is not just about the food and drink. As a platform for all upcoming talent in the area, Ilkley Food & Drink Festival will feature over 100 performers across the weekend.
“It’s taken time and effort to choose such a quality mixture of entertainment and we are all so incredibly proud to showcase some of the most existing and emerging talent on our doorstep.” – Michael Johnston, Festival Director.
Visit the live music area, to watch the impressive Carioca Soul, a new Latin Jazz project inspired by the music of Serigo Mendes Brasil 66. You’ll be on your feet with Lucy’s Pop Choir who sing popular songs we all know and love, perfect with a deck chair and beer.
There are also a host of activities for the little ones with performances from Magic Matt, a kid’s mini quiz, a traditional fun fair and inflatables, face painting, arts and crafts just to name a few of the activities on offer.
Ilkley Food & Drink Festival’s Partnership with Bradford Mind
As well as this the festival has partnered with local charity Bradford Mind to raise funds at the festival via optional donations, raffles, activities and ticket donations.
“Over the past three years at our event in Leeds, we’ve raised £10,000 for Leeds Mind through our fundraising activities. We plan to do the same at Ilkley Food & Drink Festival with our partnership with Bradford Mind.” – Michael Johnson, Festival Organiser.
Thousands of people are expected to whet their appetites on the wide array of local culinary delights and entertainment at the festival which runs from 10 am to 8 pm on June 29 – 30th.
Ilkley Food and Drink Festival Event Location & Times
Dates: 29th – 30th June 2019
Location: East Holmes Field, Ilkley, LS29 0BZ
Times: 10 am – 8 pm