Celebrating national martini day with Brasserie Blanc
Its a double celebration today, not only is it Fathers Day but it’s also National Martini Day! One of Leeds best french restaurants Brasserie Blanc has shared with us their recipe for Espresso Martini. Warning these are highly addictive!
25ml Absolut Vodka
10ml Gomme sugar syrup
40ml Union Revelation blend espresso
Pour the ingredients and espresso into a cocktail shaker. Fill the martini glass with ice to chill and then fill the cocktail shaker with ice as well. Put the other half of the shaker on top and give it a good tap to lock it in, then shake really well. You want the ice to smash up while chilling the liquid down; its what creates the frothy top. Try to use fresh-from-the-freezer ice, as melting ice is too watery and will dilute the martini.
Once shaken, tap the side of the shaker to break the vacuum seal. Empty the ice out of the Martini glass, then place the strainer on top of the shaker and pour the contents through a sieve directly into the glass. Using the strainer and the sieve helps create a rich, smooth, froth.
Garnish with 3 coffee beans, sip and enjoy!
Check out Brasserie Blanc’s cocktail offers from 5pm here
- Silversmiths is ‘THE’ place to experience Sheffield’s most inventive boozy brunch
- Forget plain old avo-on-toast; expect Cornish lobster roll, to Wagyu beef sliders + much more
- SAVE 10%
- Beautiful York city centre boutique hotel
- Served in the art-filled Leetham Brasserie
- SAVE 17%
- One of Leeds’s best modern Indian restaurants
- Mouthwatering menu specialising in Goan food
- SAVE 20%
- Contemporary Thai and Vietnamese cuisine
- One of Wakefield’s best restaurants
- SAVE 20%
- One of Harrogate’s most stylish locations for a fabulous Sunday feast
- Choose from two or three courses with wine or prosecco
- SAVE up to 22%