Gron Kafe Leeds Opens: A New Way of Eating by Matt Healy
A new, Scandi-inspired eatery has opened: Gron Kafe Leeds’ latest addition to the city’s independent dining scene, offering a menu of vegetarian and vegan-friendly dishes created by Matt Healy.
The café and restaurant – from the team behind Matt Healy x The Foundry – has opened in North Leeds. Born from a love of healthy living, fine food, and good coffee, Grön will offer balanced breakfasts, energy-boosting brunches, and late afternoon pick-me-ups.
The venue, nestled amongst Oakwood’s parade of independent retailers on Roundhay Road, offers free wifi and a student discount, making it the perfect place to power through the day while sipping a handcrafted, locally-sourced coffee.
Grön boasts a varied morning-to-evening menu, including:
· Soya yoghurt with fresh local honeycomb, passion fruit and papaya, black forest fruits, or banana and caramelized pecans
· Buttermilk pancakes or waffles, available vegan and gluten-free, with a variety of toppings
· Tomato tartare, capers, home-pickled cucumber, and chive dressing
· Butternut risotto with kale and herbs
· Daily smoothie bowls with seeds and fresh fruit
· Sourdough with toppings including truffled scrambled eggs, baked brown beans in smoked tomato sauce, cambozola cheese, beetroot, and fresh horseradish relish, and crayfish cocktail with Henderson’s bloody mary
Gron has also partnered with Chapel Allerton’s Wayward Wines to offer a carefully-selected wine list, with a number of natural wines available.
Ingredients are sourced locally wherever possible, including from North Star Coffee Roasters and Birdhouse Tea Company, and dairy-free alternatives are available for no extra charge including almond and oat milks.
Executive Chef Matt Healy said: “There’s no denying that many people are actively cutting down on their meat consumption, and we want to prove that vegetarian and vegan dishes serve up just as much flavour. We’ve created an all-day menu of options to tickle every tastebud and set you up for the day.
“We’ve received an incredibly warm welcome since opening The Foundry earlier this year, and we’re excited to build on our success and expand into North Leeds with something a little bit different.”
The launch of Gron Kafe Leeds follows the introduction of Healy’s first Leeds restaurant, Matt Healy x The Foundry, which opened in May 2018.
Gron Kafe Leeds Address: 454 Roundhay Road, Oakwood, Leeds LS8 2HU
Gron Kafe Leeds Contact Number: 07817 787 737
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE