What’s On This Christmas at Castle Howard
Get all the details on what’s on this Christmas at Yorkshire’s iconic Castle Howard estate.
A breath of fresh air is just what we all need right now. And where better and fresher than exploring the great outdoors on the Castle Howard Estate? Combine a sense-inspiring walk in the gardens and grounds of this magnificent Yorkshire estate, where the Christmas trees with their atmospheric sparkling lights after dusk, will line the main drive. One of the most magical places in Yorkshire to celebrate the Christmas festivities is Castle Howard.
Family Fun & Food
Younger guests will love outdoor fun and games in the Adventure playground which is open daily. Add to the family fun with a takeaway wood-fired pizza feast or toasted marshmallows from The Boathouse Café, open at weekends – there is also a stretch canopy, covering picnic benches, for weatherproofing adventure plans!
Castle Howard Christmas Orders, Hampers & Gifts
Whilst there, why not take the opportunity to do some Christmas shopping or stock up the festive larder. A delicious selection of locally sourced seasonal produce, traditional festive hampers and Christmas treats are most tempting in the Estate’s Farm Shop.
The ‘Carlisle’ hamper, for example, is crammed full of own-brand festive goodies presented in a wicker basket, including a bottle of Howard’s Folly wine, an estate- made small Christmas cake, china mug, premium tea, fudge, chocolate and a Castle Howard cotton tea towel. Priced at £85.
Their premium hamper The ‘Castle Howard’ contains all of the above, as well as a more extensive selection of Castle Howard own branded goodies, such as fudge and choc chip shortbread, rhubarb and custard shortbread, jams and chutnies, along with Millers Earth cheese biscuits, Taylor’s of Harrogate After Dark ground coffee, along with chocolate from Choc Affair, the very tempting warming maple and spiced poached pear varieties of chocolate bar. This larger hamper is priced at £145.
Christmas food orders for Estate reared and locally sourced meats and deli items, can be collected at The Farm Shop right up until 3 pm on Christmas Eve.
The Courtyard Gift Shop plans to re-open on 3rd December, where you can find a lovely array of original gift ideas, including Castle Howard branded gifts, some quirky and fun accessories for your Christmas table, stocking fillers, 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles and much more to tick off your Christmas pressie list.
Tradition festive hampers and other Christmas gift ideas are also available to buy online, these include our ‘Friends of Castle Howard’ memberships or Castle Howard gift vouchers to give an experience that your friends and family can enjoy all year round. (Memberships from £55).
Chrismas Trees, Decorations & Doggy Grotto
Seek out original gift ideas in the Garden Centre, and a sumptuous array of inspiring decorations to trim the home for the holiday season; you can even buy your British-grown real, or artificial, Christmas tree to take home with you. (A local delivery service for Christmas trees is available too for a small fee). The Garden Centre has a great selection of presents for your four-legged friends too and Santa Paws himself will be making appearances during December in a special outdoor doggy grotto (see the website for dates and details).
Need to Know
• Castle Howard Garden Centre and Farm shop open daily, 10 am – 5 pm
• For the ‘Lock Down’, some of our cafes and Courtyard Gift Shop are closed, and if Govt. advice permits will re-open 3rd December.
• The Adventure Playground and The Boatyard Café for takeaway only food and beverages are open at weekends, 10 am – 4 pm
• ‘Friend of Castle Howard’ membership is an ideal gift for Christmas (Individual annual memberships £55/£85 for details on buying a ‘Friend’ membership, please see our website.
• For all our visitors, parking is free of charge.
For latest updates please visit www.castlehoward.co.uk
- Bringing authentic Indian street food from the bustling streets of India to Leeds
- Outstanding reviews in the national and regional press
- SAVE 25%
- Beautiful York city centre boutique hotel
- Served in the art-filled Leetham Brasserie
- SAVE 17%
- York’s 5-Star hotel
- Served within the hotel’s striking Rise Restaurant with York city wall views
- SAVE up to 20%
- Enjoy five different Spanish sherries, paired with delicious savoury nibbles.
- SAVE 10%
- Magnificent stately home near Harrogate
- Michelin recommended dining
- SAVE 25%