Chow Down Returns to Halifax’s Piece Hall | August Bank Holiday Weekend
Chow Down Food & Drink Festival reveals the full-line up of traders for this summer’s final foodie weekender at The Piece Hall
The final Chow Down of the summer will take place 23rd-26th August at Halifax’s Piece Hall.
Chow Down is planning to finish the season in style, with a stellar line-up of 17 of the North’s best indie food and drink traders. Combining returning favourites with total newbies, Chow Down will also serve up cracking live music and kids activities aplenty.
This family-friendly weekend runs through the Bank Holiday, offering up three days of entertainment and activities alongside amazing food and drink – all for £3 (free for under 14s).
Who needs to go abroad this summer when you can eat food from Malaysia, Kenya, the Middle East, Thailand, China and the Caribbean all in the beautiful Grade I-listed surroundings of Halifax’s Piece Hall?!
From seafood and sugary treats to Carribean spice and burritos, the trader’s line-up offers something for every member of the family!
What to expect from Chow Down, Halifax?
Enjoy foods from all over the globe, as eighteen vendors come down to work their magic and satisfy every foodie need, from Malaysian to Italian, bao buns to meatballs, poutine to pancakes.
Chow Down Trader Line Up |23rd-26th August 2019
- Little Red Food Truck: on burger duty, Little Red Truck bring the real deal – flavoursome brioche buns dripping with beautifully-cooked patties, and proper chips!
- Fishnets: seasonal shellfish and fishy street-food from the masterminds behind The Sausage Box.
- MorMor: tasty, healthy street food inspired by the Middle East and the Mediterranean, expertly catering for vegetarians, vegans and the carnivorous.
- Nasi Lemak: Malaysian street food legends who bring Rempah Chicken, Sambal Fries and their incredible Vegan Chkn dish, which is a sell out every time.
- Diamond Dogs: The finest hot dogs created with quality cuts and delicious toppings, all encased in artisanal rolls with a proper crust.
- Twisted Meal: A new kid on the block. Mexican food delivered with Northern soul!
- Yorkshire Burrito Company: Yep, that’s a roast in a Yorkshire Pudding wrap. Need we say more?
- Baking Biker: Delicious baked goodies from a small bakery who pride themselves on local sourcing and avoiding any additives or preservatives.
- Greek Street Food: Serving up all those Greek classics, from gyros to sharing platters and beyond.
- YOI Fried Chicken: Brought to you by Tikk’s Thai Kitchen this new concept has just come fresh from Trinity Kitchen in Leeds. Asian style fried chicken from their shiny retro trailer.
- Nyama Choma: A slice of Savannah in the streets, this is Grill House cuisine inspired by Kenyan adventures.
- Proove Pizza: This successful Sheffield pizzeria started as a pop-up, and still enjoys bringing their woodfired pop-ups to the masses with a huge event team these days. Back after a very successful Chow down last year.
- Oh My Glaze: A man with a pan serving wraps, wings and delicious things across the North West.
- Dim Sum Su: The finest, freshest Dim Sum food – steamed buns, spring rolls, savoury dumplings, plus a whole lot more. They had big queues the last time they were at Chow Down. Vegan options.
- Sugar Spun Sisters: this Leeds-based waffle and dessert company is renowned for their amazing, vegan-friendly creations!
- Froconut: everything is vegan-friendly here, courtesy of their dairy-free coconut ice-cream. Pick your flavour, pick your topping and eat eat eat.
- Jenny’s Jerk Kitchen: if the sun doesn’t turn up you can at least eat some of that sunshine, with Jenny’s amazing, barbecue-smoked Caribbean flavours.
Chief Executive of The Piece Hall, Nicky Chance-Thompson said:
“It’s clear from another successful series of Chow Down events that despite the rain – people really appreciate a quality food and drink offer in Halifax and it gives me great joy to see people enjoying themselves in the courtyard, using the space for what it was designed for.
Working with the team from Chow Down again this year has been great and over the last few years the events has helped us to attract new audiences from Leeds and Manchester, putting Halifax on the map as a great cultural and foodie destination. Our tenants benefit from new visitors to The Piece Hall and food lovers seem to like our independent and quirky shops”
Chow Down has had a fantastic second year at The Piece Hall, with huge audiences coming to enjoy independent food and drink stalls and pop-ups, live music and general family-friendly fun. With lots of punters discovering The Piece Hall for the first time, the businesses located there permanently will hopefully see a host of new faces, too.
Chow Down has been on tour this year, taking over the impressive heritage site that is Lincoln Castle, as well as dates at Halifax’s Piece Hall. Both the Easter and Summer Weekenders saw fantastic turnout, despite a bit of British weather mixed in alongside that bright sunshine.
Friday 23rd August: 11am – 10pm (Free entry until 5.30pm)
Saturday 24th July: 11am till 10pm
Sunday 25th July: 11am till 8pm
Monday 26th July: 11am till 8pm
Entry is free on Friday until 5.30pm, after which entry is £3 (collect a wristband for free re-entry all weekend).
The Piece Hall, Blackledge, Halifax, HX1 1RE – 01422 525222
- Hand-crafted in Yorkshire
- Beautiful design, superb performance, rave reviews
- 5-year warranty
- SAVE 15%
- One of Leeds’ favourite dining destinations
- Spectacular views of the city
- Visit 7 days a week
- SAVE 25%
- 3-AA Rosette awarded & Michelin recommended dining
- Former Royal residence
- SAVE 21%
- Renowned as one of Sheffield’s best restaurants
- Utilising local suppliers to capture a true taste of Yorkshire
- SAVE 37%
- One of the UK’s top five-star hotels
- Five minutes walk from York city centre
- SAVE up to 19%