Le Pain Quotidien's Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes
In preparation for the opening of Belgian restaurant and boulangerie Le Pain Quotidien in Leeds – we bring you their recipe for Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes straight from their kitchen…yum..
– 3 bananas mashed
– 2 egg
– 1 tbsp of coconut oil
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
– 1 cup oat flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
– 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
– Dollop of coconut yogurt
– Maple syrup
– Fresh berries
To Prepare Batter:
1. Using a masher, mash bananas in a bowl until most lumps are gone.
2. In a separate bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Combine mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, and eggs in a blender. Blend on low until combined.
4. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring continuously with a rubber spatula until well-combined. Do not over mix.
To Prepare Pancakes:
1. Preheat griddle or large skillet. When hot, drizzle with oil and spread oil with a spatula to ensure entire cooking surface is covered.
2. Ladle batter onto the pan. Cook on first side until bubbles begin to form (1-2 minutes). Flip and continue to cook for an additional minute until pancake is fully cooked through.
3. To serve, sprinkle with powdered sugar, berries, a dollop of coconut yogurt and maple syrup.
Find out more about Le Pain Quotidien’s launch in Leeds here