Taste of Raspberry Pistachio & Lavender Recipe by The Cleveland Tontine
Taste of Raspberry Pistachio & Lavender Recipe from the Award Winning Restaurant, The Cleveland Tontine
The renowned 2AA Rosette Award Winning Cleveland Tontine Restaurant is the perfect place to relax in stunning surroundings and enjoy fantastic food and wine. Its beautiful Grade 1 listed ceiling and huge open fire create an intimate dining experience, whilst their 5 Star AA Rated bedrooms are all individually decorated to a luxuriously high standard.
Head Chef Luke Taylor and his team work with a range of local suppliers to create delicious seasonal menus reflecting the abundance of excellent produce North Yorkshire and the North East have to offer.
Taste of Raspberry Pistachio & Lavender Recipe
- 50g Italian meringue
- 200ml double cream
- 100g raspberry puree
- 2 gelatine leaves
- Fold 2/3 of the raspberry puree into the ready-made Italian meringue.
- Lightly whip the double cream.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water until soft, drain off and squeeze out all the excess water, then add to the remaining 1/3 of raspberry coulis, place in a pan and heat on the stove until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Once gelatine has dissolved allow to cool slightly then fold into the cream and meringue mix.
- Place in a lined tray and refrigerate for 12 hours or until set.
- 400g pistachio paste
- 60g egg white
- 40g egg yolk
- 40g caster sugar
- 13g self-raising flour
- Mix all of the ingredients together and place in a ½ litre cream whipper gun adding 2 cartridges of N2O.
- Shake well then fill a cup ½ way with the aerated mix and microwave for 1 minute.
- Leave the sponge to cool then rip into pieces and place in a dehydrator for 12 hours at 70 degrees till crisp (you can use an oven if you do not have a dehydrator).
- 50g pistachio
- Add the pistachios to a food processor and pulse until crumb-like.
LAVENDER ICE CREAM
- 50g egg yolks
- 125ml milk
- 125ml cream
- 35g sugar
- 5g fresh lavender
- Pick off the lavender buds leaving no woody stalk.
- Bring the milk, cream and lavender to the boil.
- Mix the sugar and egg yolks.
- Add the milk mix to the egg mix, return to the pan and cook the anglaise out.
- Pass the anglaise through a fine chinois, cool and churn.
Find out more about The Cleveland Tontine
- Set in the tranquil surroundings of The Coniston Estate
- A fusion of Yorkshire ingredients with an Asian flare
- SAVE 22%
- 3-AA Rosette awarded & Michelin recommended dining
- Former Royal residence
- SAVE 21%
- The ultimate luxury hideaway experience
- Award-winning spa facilities
- SAVE 30%
- Valid 7-days
- Historic 4 star hotel
- A stones throw from York city centre
- SAVE 15%
- Afternoon Tea in the heart of Harrogate
- Valid 7-days a week
- SAVE 21%