Chow Down Halifax Piece Hall
The Chow Down, the UK’s biggest food festival returns to Halifax’s iconic Piece Hall. With two big Bank Holiday weekends bookending a summer of festivals during May, July and August.
Expect to find something to suit all tastebuds, diets and budgets – from the very best independent street food traders in the UK.
Each weekend they’ll have a different selection of handpicked street food traders, who will be bringing cuisines from all over the UK and the rest of the world. Once again, they’ll be committing to their target of 25% of the offering being either vegetarian or vegan.
They’re bringing some of their favourite craft beer breweries to Halifax, so you can sample some of the finest beers the country has to offer – whether it be draught or in cans. And if beer’s not your thing, fear not – as their prosecco van will be stocked and ready, as well as a range of refreshing cocktails – perfect for those hot summers days. A variety of spirits and soft drinks will also be present at Chow Down this year.
Chow Down August Bank Holiday Street Trader Line Up
- Little Red Food Truck: on burger duty, Little Red Truck bring the real deal – flavoursome brioche buns dripping with beautifully-cooked patties, and proper chips!
- Fishnets: seasonal shellfish and fishy street-food from the masterminds behind The Sausage Box.
- MorMor: tasty, healthy street food inspired by the Middle East and the Mediterranean, expertly catering for vegetarians, vegans and the carnivorous.
- Nasi Lemak: Malaysian street food legends who bring Rempah Chicken, Sambal Fries and their incredible Vegan Chkn dish, which is a sell out every time.
- Diamond Dogs: The finest hot dogs created with quality cuts and delicious toppings, all encased in artisanal rolls with a proper crust.
- Twisted Meal: A new kid on the block. Mexican food delivered with Northern soul!
- Yorkshire Burrito Company: Yep, that’s a roast in a Yorkshire Pudding wrap. Need we say more?
- Baking Biker: Delicious baked goodies from a small bakery who pride themselves on local sourcing and avoiding any additives or preservatives.
- Greek Street Food: Serving up all those Greek classics, from gyros to sharing platters and beyond.
- YOI Fried Chicken: Brought to you by Tikk’s Thai Kitchen this new concept has just come fresh from Trinity Kitchen in Leeds. Asian style fried chicken from their shiny retro trailer.
- Nyama Choma: A slice of Savannah in the streets, this is Grill House cuisine inspired by Kenyan adventures.
- Proove Pizza: This successful Sheffield pizzeria started as a pop-up, and still enjoys bringing their woodfired pop-ups to the masses with a huge event team these days. Back after a very successful Chow down last year.
- Oh My Glaze: A man with a pan serving wraps, wings and delicious things across the North West.
- Dim Sum Su: The finest, freshest Dim Sum food – steamed buns, spring rolls, savoury dumplings, plus a whole lot more. They had big queues the last time they were at Chow Down. Vegan options.
- Sugar Spun Sisters: this Leeds-based waffle and dessert company is renowned for their amazing, vegan-friendly creations!
- Froconut: everything is vegan-friendly here, courtesy of their dairy-free coconut ice-cream. Pick your flavour, pick your topping and eat eat eat.
- Jenny’s Jerk Kitchen: if the sun doesn’t turn up you can at least eat some of that sunshine, with Jenny’s amazing, barbecue-smoked Caribbean flavours.
Chow Down Food Festival Dates & Times
Friday 23rd August 2019 11 am – 10 pm
Saturday 24th August 2019 11 am – 10 pm
Sunday 25th August 2019 11 am – 10 pm
Monday 26th August 2019 10 am – 8 pm
Chow Down Halifax Location
The Piece Hall, Halifax HX1 1RE
£3 per person
Under 14s go Free
Dogs welcome with water and treats available
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…