Pie and a Pint with Valentine Warner at The Talbot, Malton | Friday 24th January, 7 pm
The Talbot, situated within the beautiful market town of Malton, ‘Yorkshire’s Foodie Capital’ play host to acclaimed Chef, food writer and broadcaster Valentine Warner.
Originally training as a portrait painter, Valentine went on to become a chef in London’s kitchens for five years before running his own catering company. From there he then found himself on television, where his deep love of cooking, nature and travel has seen him make eight series whilst contributing to others. His appearances have spanned BBC2, UKTV, Nat Geo and Fox International programmes into which he undoubtedly brings his strong sense of storytelling.
Valentine is widely recognised for his deep understanding of ingredients, both wild and cultivated, and an ability to make something delicious with apparently little.
Aside from writing four cookery books, three of which he illustrated. He is also the co-founder of the award-winning Moorland spirit company and Hepple distillery based in Northumberland. MSC produces the acclaimed Hepple Gin and Douglas Fir Vodka. Together with a wider range of curious spirits planned for the future.
Valentine Warner will be talking about his new book, The Consolation of Food. Not a cookbook exactly but more a collection of hilarious and poignant stories with some recipes thrown in. He will be signing books after the event.
- Q&A with Valentine Warner
- Meet Valentine Warner after the event
- Your choice of meat or vegetable pie with buttered greens and mash potato
- Your choice of a pint or soft drink
- Option to purchase his new book ‘The Consolation of Food’ on the night and have it signed by Valentine Warner
HOW TO BOOK
- Once purchased you will receive your ticket via email
- You will automatically be added to The Talbot’s guest list for the event
- Please present your email tickets on arrival
- Please inform The Talbot of any dietary requirements before the event by calling them on 01653 639096
EVENT LOCATIONS & TICKETS
Location – The Talbot, Yorkersgate, Malton, North Yorkshire YO17 7AJ
Tickets – £23 per person (includes booking fee)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded
- Got questions? Chat to us live or leave us a message by clicking the green button on the bottom right of your screen